Key features and benefits
- Enjoy the peace of mind of a worry-free investment
- Have the flexibility to redeem prior to maturity1
- Choose from a range of terms, from 30 days to 5 years
- Earn a guaranteed rate of return
- Minimum investment of $1,000 or $5,000 required, depending upon the selected term
- Interest calculated daily and paid at your chosen interval2
- If redeemed prior to maturity, no interest is paid1
- Automatic renewal option3
- Eligible for CDIC Insurance
- For terms less than 30 days, please contact HSBC for details
Rates are subject to change without notice. For information and to confirm most recent rates, please contact any HSBC branch.
1Redeemable prior to maturity with no interest paid.
2Interest is calculated daily, not compounded, and is paid at the interval as opted by you (which may be monthly, semi-annually, annually or at maturity).
3You can opt into our automatic renewal option when purchasing your term deposit. If you don’t notify us before maturity, we will automatically re-invest your deposit (either the principal only or principal and any interest earned) at the interest rate applicable on the date of renewal, to help maximize the growth of your savings. Consult your HSBC branch regarding any eligibility &/or restrictions with setting up an automatic renewal option on your term deposit(s).
4Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation
Some HSBC accounts and deposit products up to certain dollar amounts are eligible for insurance under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act (CDIC). Learn more about CDIC and how CDIC Deposit Insurance works:
● Visit http://www.cdic.ca/home/Pages/default.aspx
● Read "Protecting Your Deposits." Visit CDIC to download or contact our Internet Banking Support at 1-877-621-8811 to request a copy
Please note some products, such as foreign currency accounts, are not eligible for CDIC Deposit Insurance.