Choose a flexible HSBC U.S. Dollar
Invest your U.S. Dollars at a competitive rate knowing your interest is guaranteed – and that you can access your principal if you need to before the end of your investment term.
Is a U.S. Dollar term deposit right for you?
HSBC U.S. Dollar Term Deposits may be an ideal investment option if you:
- Prefer a safe, secure fixed-term investment
- Want the flexibility of being able to redeem your original investment prior to maturity1
- Can start with a minimum investment of USD $5,000
- Want to protect your U.S. dollars from exchange rate fluctuations
Features and benefits
- Plan for the future
You know what your returns will be over time, which makes retirement and investment planning easier
- Access your money when you need it
HSBC U.S. Dollar Term Deposits are redeemable prior to maturity1
- Choose from a variety of term lengths
You’ll find a term that suits your needs – from 30 days to 1 year. For terms under 30 days, please contact an
- Interest paid at maturity
You earn daily interest and it is paid out when your investment matures
- Renew automatically2
You can choose to have your principal or principal plus interest renewed at maturity. If you don’t notify HSBC before maturity, we will renew your term deposit automatically at the prevailing, posted rate (certain conditions apply).
1 Redeemable prior to maturity with no interest paid.
2 You can opt into our automatic renewal option when purchasing your term deposit. If you don't notify us before maturity, we will automatically re-invest your deposit (either the principal only or principal and any interest earned) at the interest rate applicable on the date of renewal, to help maximize the growth of your savings. Consult your HSBC branch regarding any eligibility &/or restrictions with setting up an automatic renewal option on your term deposit(s).
Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation
This deposit is not eligible for insurance provided under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act (CDIC). Learn more about CDIC and how CDIC Deposit Insurance works:
• Visit http://www.cdic.ca/Pages/Welcome.aspx
• Read "Protecting Your Deposits." Visit CDIC to download or contact our Internet Banking Support at 1-877-621-8811 to request a copy.
Please note some products, such as foreign currency accounts, are not eligible for CDIC Deposit Insurance.