Guarantee the prudent management of your wealth
Whether for reasons of extended travel, an out of country career relocation, or foreseen or unforeseen medical reasons, there may be times when you are not able to manage your financial affairs.
In such times, you may wish to establish a power of attorney for property.
A Power of Attorney is a legal document that gives someone the authority to make decisions about your wealth and finances should you not be able to do so yourself.
Giving someone power of attorney for property gives them significant control over your property. It is extremely important that you select someone with the knowledge and skills to exercise this power appropriately.
How HSBC Trust can help
HSBC Trust Company (Canada)1 can act under a power of attorney for property (mandate in the Province of Quebec) to manage your financial assets and act in the interest of minors who would like the benefit of having a professional to handle their affairs.
Administrative functions can be handled including:
- Managing your investments and property efficiently and effectively
- Collecting investment and other sources of income, such as pensions and annuities
- Safekeeping securities
- Regularly reporting holdings and investment activities and preparing tax slips
- Paying such regular bills as telephone, hydro, medical and taxes
In addition to the functional benefits, you will enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing:
- A team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals is always available and overseeing your affairs on a daily basis
- Assigned tasks will be completed efficiently and cost-effectively
- The power of attorney you have appointed has a national presence and global connectivity should you have assets or personal concerns outside Canada
Service and expertise on a global scale
Our 146-year history, financial strength and global expertise make HSBC your ideal partner. With global affiliates offering a wide range of financial and trustee services, we are uniquely positioned to not only handle your domestic estate needs, but also to facilitate the collection, safekeeping and administration of estate assets held outside Canada.
All Trust & Estate services (except offshore trust services) are provided by HSBC Trust Company (Canada).
1 HSBC Trust Company (Canada) – A federally regulated trust company offering its services in every province and territory in Canada except Prince Edward Island.