No matter your personality or comfort level with investing, there’s an approach that’s right for you.
Often it takes a mix of products and strategies to achieve your financial goals. Explore how easy saving and investing can be, whether you’re just getting started or ready to try something new.
The Secure Saver
If you’re looking for a safe and secure option where your principal is protected and a guaranteed rate of return on your investment, consider Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC) or Term Deposits.
- Choose from a variety of fixed or variable terms and interest options to best suit your needs.
- You can invest in Canadian Dollars or hold GIC’s and savings in multiple foreign currencies (USD, GBP, HKD).
- Secure a portion of your retirement savings like RRSPs or a tax-free return in TFSAs in a term deposit or a GIC. Enjoy peace of mind that comes with a guaranteed return on your investment.
- Best of all, you can invest, monitor and keep track of your money through HSBC online banking.
The Advice Seeker
When it comes to planning for important goals in your future, you could call a buddy, or seek-out the right advice to support your journey toward financial success. Sound advice can help you plan and decide on the right approach for your money.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions; your advisor or wealth professional is there to help explain the “ins and outs” of investing and guide you towards selecting the best solution.
- Checking-in on a regular basis can help keep your portfolio healthy and your goals on track.
- Take a few minutes to review your statements and other communications you receive for all of your investment portfolios and if you need help, ask; it never hurts to get a second opinion.
- Explore a wide-range of investment options, including mutual funds1, managed solutions2 and Private Investment Counsel Services3 distinctly suited to you.
You like banking and shopping online and you’re thinking, “if only I could get investment advice without booking an appointment…” Now you can!
Receive an investment recommendation and start investing online today in a diversified fund1 that holds a variety of exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Every transaction is reviewed by an HSBC Mutual Fund advisor before your money is invested.
- It doesn’t take a fortune to start investing. You can begin with as little as $500.
- Set up automatic contributions to get into the habit of saving regularly and help smooth out market ups and downs.
- Consider maximizing your contributions to tax-efficient accounts first, such as a TFSA or RRSP, for your money to grow tax-free.
- Help is just a click or phone call away, so while it may feel like you’re investing on your own, advice is always accessible.
You’re hands-on with your investments. You enjoy doing the research and prefer to manage your own portfolio.
Self-directed online platforms allow you to trade equities, ETFs, options, bonds and mutual funds all from the comfort of your home.
- Unrivalled convenience and reliability – monitor global markets and manage your accounts 24/7.
- Analyze markets and identify investment trends with comprehensive investment tools and research.
- With HSBC InvestDirect5 self-directed online platform, access 30 international and domestic markets online and by phone - settle transactions in 10 currencies.
Issued by HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (“HIFC”)
1 HIFC is a direct subsidiary of HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada) Limited (“AMCA”) and an indirect subsidiary of HSBC Bank Canada, and provides its services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island. AMCA is a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada.
1,2 AMCA is the manager and primary investment advisor for the HSBC Mutual Funds and the HSBC Pooled Funds (collectively, the “HSBC Funds”). HIFC is the principal distributor of the HSBC Mutual Funds, which are also distributed through authorized dealers. HIFC also offers the HSBC Funds through HSBC World Selection® Portfolio service. This is a portfolio investment service under which client’s assets are invested in model portfolios which are comprised of investments in the HSBC Funds. AMCA provides discretionary investment management services to the model portfolios in the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, investment management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments in the HSBC Funds and/or the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. Please read the prospectus, Fund Facts, applicable account opening documentation and any other disclosures before investing in the HSBC Funds and/or the HSBC World Selection Portfolio service. The HSBC World Selection Portfolio service and the HSBC Funds are not guaranteed or covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, HSBC Bank Canada, or any other government deposit insurer or financial institution, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. For money market funds, there can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you.
® World Selection is a registered trademark of HSBC Group Management Services Limited.
All products and services of HIFC and AMCA are only available for sale to residents of Canada, unless the laws of a foreign jurisdiction permit sales to its residents. Please contact your HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor for more details. The contents of this site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy products or services to any person in a jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is considered unlawful.
3 HSBC Private Investment Counsel (Canada) Inc. (HPIC) is a direct subsidiary of HSBC Bank Canada and provides services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island. The Private Investment Counsel service is a discretionary portfolio management service offered by HPIC. Under this discretionary service, assets of participating clients will be invested by HPIC or its delegated portfolio manager, HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada) Limited (“AMCA”), in securities, including but not limited to, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, pooled funds and derivatives. The value of an investment in or purchased as part of the Private Investment Counsel service may change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
4 ™ HSBC Wealth Compass™ is an online service offered by HIFC which allows clients to discover their investor profile, receive a personalized investment recommendation and apply to start investing in mutual funds. HSBC Wealth Compass™ is a trade-mark of HSBC Group Management Services Limited used under license by HIFC.
5 HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a direct subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HIDC is an order execution only service. HIDC will not conduct suitability assessments of client account holdings or of the orders submitted by clients or from anyone authorized to trade on the client’s behalf. Clients have the sole responsibility for their investment decisions and securities transactions.
All products and services of HIFC, AMCA, HPIC and HIDC are only available for sale to residents of Canada, unless the laws of a foreign jurisdiction permit sales to its residents. Please contact your HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor or HPIC Investment Counsellor for more details. The contents of this site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy products or services to any person in a jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is considered unlawful.
This information is not intended to provide professional advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. You are advised to obtain appropriate professional advice where necessary and should consult your investment representative before considering a specific transaction. Also, please consult your tax advisor to find out which strategies best suit your tax situation. HIFC has not independently verified the information and makes no guarantee or representation of, and accepts no responsibility or liability for, its accuracy or completeness.
This article may provide external links that give you access to HSBC websites located in Canada and other countries. These links are provided solely for the readers' informational purposes and convenience. When readers select a link to an external website, they are subject to and governed and bound by the policies and terms and conditions of the external website. Please read the website's policies and terms and conditions before using the website. If you enter a website outside of Canada, you are advised that it may not be legal in that jurisdiction for you to use the facilities available on that website and the legal requirements of that jurisdiction may prohibit you from dealing in that jurisdiction. If you access a jurisdiction in which you are not resident, you do so at your own risk, and HSBC Group will not be liable for any breach of local law or regulation that you may commit as a result of using and accessing a website in a country in which you are not resident.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, on any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of HSBC Canada.
Issued June 14, 2021; H202105052; Expiring June 14, 2022.