Unparalleled global reach
The greater your global reach, the greater the number of investment opportunities you can take advantage of. Only HSBC InvestDirect1 provides you with the power to trade in 30 of the world's major stock markets and provides you with the pricing, tools and insight needed to make more informed investment decisions.
Canadian equities only constitute approximately 4% of the developed world's total market capitalization, meaning some of the world's most attractive investments are beyond our borders.
Make informed and strategic investment decisions and explore international markets with confidence using the world-class research and investment tools available to you through your HSBC InvestDirect account.
Not an HSBC InvestDirect client?
Already an HSBC InvestDirect client?
Benefits of building a global portfolio at HSBC InvestDirect
- Lower trading costsPay the lowest online Hong Kong Exchange trading commission in Canada (HK$2882). If you are an HSBC Premier or HSBC Advance client, you may also be eligible for up to 20% off international trading rates.
- ControlGain more control over your foreign exposure with direct access to more of the world's developed and emerging markets than through any other online broker in Canada.
- AccessReach 30 global markets, including all 3 exchanges in the world's biggest and most influential emerging economy, China.
See all exchanges, by country/region name
- Foreign currencyInvest and settle trades with HSBC in 10 different currencies: Hong Kong dollars, British pounds, Euros, Japanese yen, Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars, Swiss francs, and Canadian and US dollars.
- Custom quote viewsCreate up to 10 Quote Lists to quickly and conveniently determine the status of securities in which you've invested or are considering.
- Real-time notificationBe ready to make investment decisions at any time with HSBC InvestDirect Alerts service.
Use your HSBC InvestDirect account to trade on these exchanges online.
Major Canadian stock and options exchanges, including:
- Canadian National Stock Exchange (CNSX)
- Montreal Exchange (ME)
- Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- TSX Venture Exchange (TVX)
Major U.S. stock and options exchanges, including:
- American Stock Exchange (AMEX)
- NASDAQ Stock Market (OMX)
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT)
Major European stock exchanges, including:
- London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- Euronext Paris (EPA)
- Frankfurt (FWB)
Asian stock exchange:
- Hong Kong Exchange (HKEX)
You can also trade by phone on all exchanges accessible online.
Trade by phone
Expand your investing with HSBC telephone trading on 30 international exchanges, including many of the world's developed and emerging markets.
1 HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
2 The HK$288 commission applies for trades between HK$0-1,999,999. For trades HK$2,000,000 & over, 0.10% commission applies. Visit our Global Trading Commissions page for more details.