Invest in US dollar HSBC Mutual Funds to help achieve your investment goals
We offer a selection of mutual funds in US dollars through HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. covering a range of asset classes to diversify your portfolio.
Who should invest in these Funds?
- Investors who have and want to maintain US dollar currency exposure without exchange rate fluctuations, as the funds are offered in US dollars
- Investors saving for wealth goals that involve US dollars, such as planning to spend time in the United States during retirement and/or wanting investment returns in US dollars.*
- Investors seeking the potential for higher returns compared to US dollar savings accounts or term deposits, and who are willing to take on more investment risk
HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund
The fund aims to earn monthly interest income while preserving capital by investing primarily in high-quality, short-term US dollar denominated fixed income securities.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund?
- Ready access to cash
- A great place to park money that has less risk than stocks or bonds
- A lower-risk investment option that is managed conservatively
- Professional active money management
- Ability to allocate US dollars from the HSBC U.S. Money Market Fund to other funds available in US dollars
HSBC Global Corporate Bond Fund
The fund aims to earn income while providing the potential for modest long-term capital growth by investing in a broad range of corporate fixed income securities from around the world.
Why consider the HSBC Global Corporate Bond Fund?
- Exposure to global bond markets outside of Canada
- Offers potential for diversification through investing in investment grade fixed-income securities
- Actively managed by portfolio managers with extensive knowledge in global credit markets
HSBC U.S. Dollar Monthly Income Fund
The fund aims to generate regular monthly income from a portfolio of US dollar-denominated fixed income securities and dividend paying US equities.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Dollar Monthly Income Fund?
- Potentially higher return than US dollar savings accounts, term deposits or a U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund for those who are also willing to take on greater investment risk
- Distributes regular income, that offers a T series for those looking for higher distributions, a portion of which is return of capital
- A diversified portfolio that also offers potential for capital growth
- Leverages the expertise of US fixed income and equity specialists
HSBC U.S. Equity Fund
The fund aims to achieve long-term capital growth by investing primarily in a broad range of US companies.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Equity Fund?
- Within a diversified portfolio, US equities have the potential to enhance risk-adjusted returns
- The US equity market is more diversified across economic sectors than the Canadian equity market, which means greater diversification benefits
- Invests in large cap equities which typically have lower volatility and the potential for a steady dividend stream
HSBC Global Equity Volatility Focused Fund
The fund principally invests in equity of companies in both developed markets and emerging markets and aims for lower portfolio volatility relative to its benchmark.
Why consider the HSBC Global Equity Volatility Focused Fund?
- Potential to deliver steadier returns and fewer fluctuations than investing in the broader equity market
- Aims to maximise risk-adjusted return with less volatility and reduce drawdown in periods of turbulence and extreme market conditions
- Leverages HSBC’s track record, global resources and expertise in managing quantitative and multi-factor strategies
- Invests in factors that can help achieve a range of goals from improving portfolio outcomes and generating returns to reducing risk and enhancing diversification
Discover how to invest in a mutual fund in US dollars.
How to invest
New to investing at HSBC?
Meet with an HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor to discuss your needs and investment options
Or call 1-888-310-4722
Already have an HSBC Investment Funds account?
Or call 1-800-830-8888 to speak with an HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor
Ready to invest on your own without advice?
Published by HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (HIFC)
HIFC is a direct subsidiary of HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada) Limited (AMCA) and an indirect subsidiary of HSBC Bank Canada, and provides its services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island. AMCA is a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada.
AMCA is the manager and primary investment advisor for the HSBC Mutual Funds and the HSBC Pooled Funds (collectively, the “HSBC Funds”). HIFC is the principal distributor of the HSBC Mutual Funds, which are also distributed through authorized dealers. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, investment management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus, Fund Facts, applicable account opening documentation and any other disclosures before investing. Except as otherwise noted, the indicated rates of return are historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemptions, distributions or optional charges or income taxes payable by any unit holder that would have reduced returns. Any compounded rates of returns are used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and are not intended to reflect the future values of the Funds or returns on investment. Where overseas investments are held, the rate of currency exchange may cause the value of such investments to go down as well as up. Investments in emerging markets are by their nature higher risk and potentially more volatile than those inherent in some established markets. Economies in emerging markets generally are heavily dependent upon international trade and, accordingly, have been and may continue to be affected adversely by trade barriers, exchange controls, managed adjustments in relative currency values and other protectionist measures imposed or negotiated by the countries with which they trade. These economies also have been and may continue to be affected adversely by economic conditions in the countries in which they trade. HSBC Funds are not guaranteed or covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, HSBC Bank Canada, or any other government deposit insurer or financial institution, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. For money market funds, there can be no assurances the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you.
All products and services of HIFC and AMCA are only available for sale to residents of Canada, unless the laws of a foreign jurisdiction permit sales to its residents. Please contact your HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor for more details. The contents of this site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy products or services to any person in a jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is considered unlawful.
This site may provide external links that give you access to HSBC websites located in Canada and other countries. These links are provided solely for the readers' informational purposes and convenience. When readers select a link to an external website, they are subject to and governed and bound by the policies and terms and conditions of the external website. Please read the website's policies and terms and conditions before using the website. If you enter a website outside of Canada, you are advised that it may not be legal in that jurisdiction for you to use the facilities available on that website and the legal requirements of that jurisdiction may prohibit you from dealing in that jurisdiction. If you access a jurisdiction in which you are not resident, you do so at your own risk, and HSBC Group will not be liable for any breach of local law or regulation that you may commit as a result of using and accessing a website in a country in which you are not resident.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, legal, tax, investment or other advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. You should not act or rely on the information without seeking the advice of a professional. Please consult your tax advisor to find out which strategies best suit your tax situation. Registered plans for individuals are subject to specific limits, tax implications and restrictions which can be found on the CRA Savings and pension plans webpage.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, on any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc.