U.S. dollar denominated investment products to help achieve your goals
HSBC offers a selection of U.S. dollar-denominated investment funds through HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. covering a range of asset classes to diversify your portfolio, and help you meet your investment needs.
Who should invest in these Funds?
- Investors who have and want to maintain US dollar currency exposure without exchange rate fluctuations, as the Fund is offered in US dollars.
- Investors saving for wealth goals that involve US dollars, such as planning to spend time in the United States during retirement and/or wanting investment returns in US dollars.*
- Investors seeking the potential for higher returns compared to US dollar savings accounts or term deposits, and who are willing to take on more investment risk.
HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund
The fund aims to earn a monthly interest income while preserving capital by investing primarily in high-quality, short-term fixed income securities.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund?
- Ready access to cash
- A great place to park money that has less risk than stocks or bonds
- A low risk investment option that is managed conservatively
- Professional active money management
- Ability to allocate US dollars from the HSBC U.S. Money Market Fund to other USD funds
HSBC Global Corporate Bond Fund
The U.S. dollar fund aims to earn income while providing the potential for modest long-term capital growth by investing in a broad range of corporate fixed income securities from around the world.
Why consider the HSBC Global Corporate Bond Fund?
- Exposure to global bond markets outside of Canada
- Offers potential for diversification through investing in fixed-income securities
- Extensive knowledge in global credit markets
HSBC U.S. Dollar Monthly Income Fund
The fund aims to generate regular monthly income from a portfolio of US dollar-denominated fixed income securities and dividend paying US equities.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Dollar Monthly Income Fund?
- Potentially higher return than US dollar savings accounts, term deposits or a US dollar money market fund for those who are also willing to take on greater investment risk
- Distributes regular income, not return of capital
- A diversified portfolio that also offers potential for capital growth
- Leverages the expertise of US fixed income and equity specialists
HSBC Global Equity Volatility Focused Fund
The U.S. dollar fund principally invests in equity of companies in both developed markets and emerging markets and aims for lower portfolio volatility relative to its benchmark.
Why consider the HSBC Global Equity Volatility Focused Fund?
- Potential to deliver steadier returns and fewer fluctuations than investing in the broader equity market
- Focus on quality stocks by investing in fairly priced quality companies
- Smart diversification to help lower volatility and enhance diversification
- Attractive dividend potential in a low interest rate environment
Discover how to invest in a U.S. dollar investment fund
How to invest
New to investing at HSBC?
Meet with an HSBC representative to discuss your needs and investment options.
Or call 1-888-310-4722
Already have an HSBC Mutual Fund account?
Or call 1-800-830-8888 to speak with a Mutual Fund advisor.
Ready to trade on your own with HSBC InvestDirect?
Published by HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc., January 2021.
HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (“HIFC”) is a direct subsidiary of HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada) Limited (“AMCA”) and an indirect subsidiary of HSBC Bank Canada, and provides its services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island. AMCA is a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HIFC has not independently verified the information and makes no guarantee or representation of, and accepts no responsibility or liability for, its accuracy or completeness.
AMCA is the manager and primary investment advisor for the HSBC Mutual Funds. HIFC is the principal distributor of the HSBC Mutual Funds. HSBC Mutual Funds are also distributed through authorized dealers. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus and Fund Facts before investing. Except as otherwise noted, the indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemptions, distributions or optional charges or income taxes payable by any unit holder that would have reduced returns. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Where overseas investments are held the rate of currency exchange may also cause the value of such investments to fluctuate. Investments in emerging markets are by their nature higher risk and potentially more volatile than those inherent in some established markets. The value of the underlying assets is strongly affected by interest rate fluctuations and by changes in the credit ratings of the underlying issuer of the assets. Any compounded rates of returns are used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and are not intended to reflect the future values of the HSBC Mutual Funds or returns on investment.
All products and services of HIFC and AMCA are only available for sale to residents of Canada, unless the laws of a foreign jurisdiction permit sales to its residents. Please contact your HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor for more details. The contents of this site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy products or services to any person in a jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is considered unlawful.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, legal, tax, investment or other advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. You should not act or rely on the information without seeking the advice of a professional. Please consult your tax advisor to find out which strategies best suit your tax situation. Registered plans for individuals are subject to specific limits, tax implications and restrictions which can be found on the CRA Savings and pension plans webpage.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, on any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc.