U.S. dollar denominated investment products to help achieve your goals
HSBC offers a selection of U.S. dollar-denominated investment funds through HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. covering a range of asset classes to diversify your portfolio, and help you meet your investment needs.
Who should invest in these Funds?
- Investors who have and want to maintain US dollar currency exposure without exchange rate fluctuations, as the Fund is offered in US dollars.
- Investors saving for wealth goals that involve US dollars, e.g. planning to spend time in the United States during retirement, and wanting investment returns in US dollars.*
- Investors seeking the potential for higher returns compared to US dollar savings accounts or term deposits, and who are willing to take on more investment risk.
HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund
The fund aims to earn a monthly interest income while preserving capital by investing primarily in high-quality, short-term fixed income securities.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Dollar Money Market Fund?
- Ready access to cash
- A great place to park money that has less risk than stocks or bonds
- A low risk investment option that is managed conservatively
- Professional active money management
- Ability to allocate US dollars from the HSBC U.S. Money Market Fund to other USD funds
HSBC Global Corporate Bond Fund
The U.S. dollar fund aims to earn income while providing the potential for modest long-term capital growth by investing in a broad range of corporate fixed income securities from around the world.
Why consider the HSBC Global Corporate Bond Fund?
- Exposure to global bond markets outside of Canada
- Offers potential for diversification through investing in fixed-income securities
- Extensive knowledge in global credit markets
HSBC U.S. Dollar Monthly Income Fund
The fund aims to generate regular monthly income from a portfolio of US dollar-denominated fixed income securities and dividend paying US equities.
Why consider the HSBC U.S. Dollar Monthly Income Fund?
- Potentially higher return than US dollar savings accounts, term deposits or a US dollar money market fund for those who are also willing to take on greater investment risk
- Distributes regular income, not return of capital
- A diversified portfolio that also offers potential for capital growth
- Leverages the expertise of US fixed income and equity specialists
HSBC Global Equity Volatility Focused Fund
The U.S. dollar fund principally invests in equity of companies in both developed markets and emerging markets and aims for lower portfolio volatility relative to its benchmark.
Why consider the HSBC Global Equity Volatility Focused Fund?
- Potential to deliver steadier returns and fewer fluctuations than investing in the broader equity market
- Focus on quality stocks by investing in fairly priced quality companies
- Smart diversification to help lower volatility and enhance diversification
- Attractive dividend potential in a low interest rate environment
Discover how to invest in a U.S. dollar investment fund
How to invest
New to investing at HSBC?
Complete and submit our convenient online appointment booking form to schedule an in-branch visit.
Or call 1-888-310-4722
Already have an HSBC Mutual Fund account?
Or call 1-800-830-8888 to speak with a Mutual Fund advisor.
Ready to trade on your own with HSBC InvestDirect?
HSBC Mutual Funds
HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada) Limited (“AMCA”) is the manager and primary investment advisor for the HSBC Mutual Funds. HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. (“HIFC”) is the principal distributor of the HSBC Mutual Funds. HSBC Mutual Funds are also distributed through authorized dealers. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus, Fund Facts, and other disclosure documents before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed or covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, HSBC Bank Canada, or any other deposit insurer or financial institution. The net asset values of all mutual funds, including the HSBC Mutual Funds, may change frequently and any past performance may not be repeated. For money market funds, there can be no assurances that such funds will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you.
All products and services of HIFC and AMCA are only available for sale to residents of Canada, unless the laws of a foreign jurisdiction permit sales to its residents. Please contact your HSBC Mutual Fund Advisor for more details. The contents of this site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy products or services to any person in a jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is considered unlawful.
HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc.- (HIFC)- is a direct subsidiary of AMCA and an indirect subsidiary of HSBC Bank Canada, and provides its services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island. AMCA is a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada and provides its services in all provinces of Canada except Prince Edward Island.