HSBC International Student Program (SDS) - China
- You must be above 18 years old.
- You must provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution in Canada for the upcoming school term.
- You must reside in a country/region in which the local HSBC bank participates in the International Student Program
- You must meet the local requirements of the HSBC International Account Opening Service in the country/region of residence
How to Apply
How the process works
1. Check eligibility
2. Apply for the International Student Program
3. Receive confirmation that your HSBC Bank Canada account is open
4. Fund your new account
5. Receive the Deposit Confirmation Letter
6. Apply for your student visa
7. Welcome to Canada
8. Open your Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
If your Visa or Study Permit is withdrawn or refused
Program withdrawal can only be processed when you meet one of the following conditions
- Your study permit application has been refused; or
- You have withdrawn from enrollment at a designated learning institution
Once HSBC Bank Canada has confirmed the withdrawal, HSBC Bank Canada will close your account and wire the funds and any unused part of the $100 additional deposit back to your account in your name from where you originally sent the funds to us. The $200 administration fee is not refundable.