Banking around the clock
Convenient, fast and secure, our online banking allows you to access your account anytime, anywhere with Personal Internet Banking from HSBC.
You can even bank on the go with our free mobile app for the iPhone® or iPod touch®. Tablets and web-enabled smartphones can also access HSBC Personal Internet Banking through their website browser.
Benefits of Personal Internet Banking include:
- Convenient – available anytime, anywhere
- Fast – no trips to the branch, no line-ups, and you can actively manage your accounts in real time
- Secure – HSBC maintains strict security standards to keep your information secure
- Free – most online transactions are free or have lower fees than in-branch services1
Online banking is growing in popularity
Canadians are world leaders when it comes to using online and mobile banking, according to comScore, a global source for digital marketing intelligence. In 2011, Canada ranked as the top country for online banking, with almost 65% of Internet users going online each month to check their bank accounts. Convenience appears to be the primary motivation. Data from comScore shows that 60% of online banking customers in Canada use the Internet to pay bills instead of going into a bank.
Great reasons to bank online
One of the main reasons for the growing appeal of online banking is the ability to conveniently access many of the same services that used to be available only by visiting a branch or using the telephone.
At HSBC, most of the services you rely on in an HSBC branch are available online. You can:
- View balances and account transaction history including HSBC Mutual Funds2, HSBC MasterCard®1 and foreign currency accounts
- Pay bills, including current, post-dated or recurring bill payments
- Manage all of your global HSBC accounts online on one screen with Global View3, and instantly transfer money between them with Global Transfers3 — these unique international banking services allow you to manage your money freely and securely wherever you are in the world
Watch the Global View banking demo
- Transfer funds to anyone, anywhere between your HSBC accounts and to third parties worldwide
- Transfer CAD funds via INTERAC e-Transfer®2 to anyone in Canada using an email address or mobile phone number
- Manage cheques, including stop payments and view images of
cheques that have cleared from your account(s)
- Order cheques online (HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers)
- Instantly open or apply for accounts, including term deposits, GICs, TFSAs or select foreign currency accounts
- Apply for loans or mortgages
- Make loan payments
- Contribute to your RRSP
- Export monthly transactions to your expense management utility including financial tools such as Quicken®3 or Microsoft Money®4
- Send and receive messages from our Internet Banking and HSBC MasterCard support teams
We are here to help you
Online Help – On every screen within Personal Internet Banking, our help function guides you through the screen with detailed information and helpful tips.
Send a secure mail message within Internet banking–Just go to the Send message function under Services. We'll respond to your message within two business days.
Call us – Our Internet Banking support representatives are always here to help you–we're only a phone call away. For English, French, Cantonese or Mandarin service:
- Toll-free in Canada and US: 1-877-621-8811
- Greater Vancouver: 604-216-8811
Register for Internet Banking
Life can be complicated. Banking online at HSBC isn't. Manage your finances in one place when and where you want at www.hsbc.ca/pib.
Internet Banking Demo
Payroll Direct Deposit
Personal Internet Banking Terms & Conditions
1 The service charge per transaction depends on your account type. Please see the Personal Service Charge Brochure for details at www.hsbc.ca/servicecharge.
2 All HSBC Mutual Funds are offered through HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc.
3 Global View and Global Transfers are not available in all countries and territories where HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance is offered. Certain services offered by members of HSBC in Canada may be restricted or unavailable if you move to another jurisdiction or are in another jurisdiction due to the local laws of that jurisdiction. HSBC Group may, however, be able to provide similar services through its members in that jurisdiction. A
full list of available
countries and a demo can be viewed online.
® iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
®1 MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Used pursuant to license.
®2 Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license
®3 Quicken is a registered trademark of Intuit Inc.
®4 Microsoft Money is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in Canada.