Unlock a world of benefits with HSBC Premier
You don’t live an ordinary life so why settle for an ordinary bank. Whether you’re investing in your future, caring for your loved ones or simply looking to enjoy the benefits of all your hard work, HSBC Premier will help you live the life you want.
Join HSBC Premier
More than just a bank account
Experience what the other banks won’t give you
A premium bank account with priority service, global support and no monthly fees when eligibility criteria is met.
Get tailored banking advice from someone who knows you
A dedicated Premier Relationship Manager will get to know you and your needs – providing financial planning services including investments, mortgages and lending.
Your family is Premier too
Go beyond everyday banking to extend your exclusive Premier benefits and privileges to your immediate family including rewards, offers and partnerships.
Premier around the world
Whether you’re sending money to another country or visiting one yourself, your Premier status will extend beyond your borders into 29 global markets.
Unlock everything HSBC Premier has to offer
Premier - for you
Enjoy exclusive privileges, priority services, and open & honest financial advice.
- No monthly fee Premier chequing account with unlimited transactions (available in CAD & USD) when eligibility criteria is met
- With no minimum balance required in your chequing account - keep your finances flexible by putting your money in any HSBC chequing, savings, TFSAs, RRSPs and much more
- Access to premium credit cards with competitive rewards programs, insurance coverage, and travel benefits
- Priority servicing through dedicated Premier phone support
- Premier mortgage benefits – work with your Relationship Manager to get the latest offers
Premier - for your family
When you’re Premier, your family is Premier too – with access to global Premier privileges and preferred rates.
- Premier status for you, your spouse and your children
- One Relationship Manager who gets to know the whole family, to better assist with financial planning services
- A Youth Savings account to help get your kids off to the best financial start with competitive interest rates, unlimited transactions and Premier benefits until age 28
- Up to 4 authorized user cards for your family with no additional fee1
- Family mortgage solutions to help your children get on the property ladder
Premier - around the world
Unlock Premier in one country and you can live, work and travel with Premier status around the world with HSBC.
- See all your HSBC international accounts in one place with Global View and free instant transfers between your HSBC accounts worldwide
- Convenient access to foreign currency savings accounts (USD, Euro, GBP, HKD and RMB)
- No wire transfer fees when you send foreign exchange wire transfers less than $10,000 CAD2
- Free overseas account opening prior to moving or working abroad
- Access to emergency cash available at any HSBC branch when you or your family is abroad
Premier banking, borrowing, investing and much more
HSBC Premier offers more rewards, benefits and exclusive offers. Choose the right credit card to match your needs.
- Offers premium rewards on travel purchases and exceptional travel benefits
- $149 annual fee. HSBC Premier customers receive a $50 annual fee rebate and $0 for Authorized Users
- No foreign transaction fees. Only the exchange rate will apply
- $100 annual travel enhancement credit
- 31 day Travel & Medical Insurance included
- Rewards program with accelerated earnings on travel purchases
Annual interest rate of 19.9% for purchases and fees; 22.9% for cash advances, balance transfers, cheques
Take advantage of a global network of unique partnerships, privileges and benefits that add value to every part of your life.
edX / Little Pim
To better support you at home, get exclusive discounts on award-winning online education and training courses for you and your family
Travel Medical Companion
10% discount on services including travel with a qualified nurse, paramedic or doctor, in-home or hospital support, or travel assist and health search
Unlock even more with your Premier account
A Premier Relationship Manager will guide you through a customized goal planning journey to help you build a plan flexible enough to achieve your ambitions for a healthy retirement while growing your wealth for you and your children.
Flexible mortgage options with competitive rates and terms, including help with financing international properties. Work with your Relationship Manager to get the latest offers.
Enjoy Premier status & benefits with our Household Qualification Program
What you need to qualify
Whether you’re new to HSBC, or looking to upgrade, HSBC Premier is available to you when you meet one of the following criteria:
Option 1: Deposits and/or investments
Maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $100,000.
Option 2: HSBC Mortgage
Hold a personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $500,000 or greater.
Option 3: Income deposits
Have income deposits of $6,500 within a calendar month plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in assets under management in Canada.
Option 4: International HSBC customer
If you’re Premier in one country, then you’re Premier in all countries HSBC operates in.
Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee of $34.95 will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above. For full details regarding eligibility and any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure.
Experience HSBC Premier today
New to HSBC?
Apply online for an HSBC Premier Chequing account.
Your identity is verified instantly with HSBC EasyID, making account opening easier and more convenient. Before you start, have one of the following pieces of I.D on-hand (make sure the I.D you are using hasn’t expired):
- Driver’s Licence or
- Provincial government Issued I.D.
Already with HSBC?
Open an HSBC Premier Chequing Account through online banking.
Don’t have online banking yet?
Speak with us
Priority service through our dedicated Premier phone lines
Call 1-866 233 3838
You maybe also interested in
Not sure if a Premier account is for you? Compare all our chequing accounts.
Moving to Canada?
Moving to a new country is a big change and we’re here to help.
Professionals Banking Program
Get specialized pricing for both your small business and personal needs, with the support from a dedicated Business Relationship Manager.
2 The fee for sending wire transfers valued under $10,000 CAD equivalent from HSBC Bank Canada personal accounts is waived if the currency of the wire is different from the account currency. The CAD equivalent is determined at the time the transfer is processed. Exchange rate will apply; transfers may incur agency and/or beneficiary bank fees.
1. Have personal deposits and investments with HSBC in Canada totalling $100,000 or more; or
2. Hold a personal mortgage with HSBC in Canada with an original amount of CAD $500,000 or more.
You can also meet the conditions in points 1 and 2 above by combining you and your spouse or common law partner’s balances through our Household Qualification Program; or
3. Have total monthly income deposits of $6,500 or more with HSBC in Canada plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in deposits and/or investments in Canada, or
4. Qualify for HSBC Premier in another country
Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above. For full details regarding eligibility and any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges Statement of Disclosure.
™ HSBC +Rewards is a trademark of HSBC Group Management Services Limited. Used pursuant to license.