HSBC Advance Mastercard
About this card
Car rental insuranceCharge your car rental to your HSBC Advance Mastercard card and receive coverage for car rental collision damage4.
Using your card
Secure account transactionChip & PIN technology helps reduce the possibility of your HSBC Advance Mastercard card being used by someone else.
Save time with tap & goTMThe contactless feature makes your shopping even easier.
More benefits of HSBC Advance Mastercard
When you apply for an HSBC Advance Mastercard card, you choose the rewards program you prefer for no additional fee!
HSBC Advance Rewards Program
- Collect Points that can be redeemed5 for travel, financial rewards, premium merchandise and gift cards.
- Earn 1 Point2 for every $1 on all eligible purchases3 when you charge up to $10,000 in annual spend to your Card.
- Earn 1.25 Points2 for every $1 on all eligible purchases3 when you charge over $10,000 in annual spend to your Card, with no cap on the Points you can earn.
HSBC Advance Cash Back Rewards Program
- Earn a 1% Cash Back rebate2 for every $1 on all eligible purchases3 when you charge up to $10,000 in annual spend to your Card
- Earn a 1.25%2 Cash Back rebate for every $1 on all eligible purchases3 when you charge over $10,000 in annual spend to your Card with no limit on the Cash Back rebate you can earn.
- Your Cash Back rebate will be applied as a credit to your HSBC Advance Mastercard account statement in January each year as long as your HSBC Advance Mastercard account is in good standing.
RewardsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
InsuranceExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Important DocumentsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
How to apply
The HSBC AdvanceMastercard is available exclusively to HSBC Advance* clients and must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Be the age of majority in your province of residence.
To qualify for an HSBC Advance relationship, you are required to open and maintain an active HSBC Advance chequing* account, and meet one of the following requirements:
- You maintain personal deposits & investments of $5,000 or more with us, OR
- You hold a personal mortgage with an original amount of $150,000 or more with us
Already a customer?
To access the application you will be required to logon with your security device.
New to HSBC?
Visit any HSBC branch to speak to a relationship manager.
1 The Welcome Bonus is 5,000 Points with the HSBC Advance Rewards Program or a $50 Cash Back rebate with the HSBC Advance Cash Back Rewards Program. The Welcome Bonus will be awarded only if your application for a new HSBC Advance Mastercard is approved. The Welcome Bonus is earned when you make the first transaction with your new HSBC Advance Mastercard following enrolment. The Welcome Bonus will be redeemed or credited in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Advance Rewards Program or the HSBC Advance Cash Back Rewards Program, as applicable. Limit of one Welcome Bonus per new HSBC Advance Mastercard account. The Welcome Bonus offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer, except the offers described here. The HSBC Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply.
2 Points or Cash Back rebate means each earn rate for Points or Cash Back rebate applicable to a Card that participates in the HSBC Rewards Program, including: i) for Annual Spend of up to and including $10,000, the base earn rate of 1 Point / 1% rebate for every $1.00 in eligible purchases, ii) for Annual Spend above $10,000, the accelerated earn rate of 1.25 Points / 1.25% rebate for every $1.00 in eligible purchases, iii) any special bonus Points or rebate offer that we may offer and for which you are qualified.
3 Eligible purchases means the amount of purchases of goods and services that are charged to your HSBC Mastercard Account except for quasi-cash transactions (which include purchases of wire transfers, travelers cheques, foreign currency, money orders, payment of an existing debt, bets, lottery tickets and gaming chips) less any credits for returns, rebates or adjustments. Cash advances (including balance transfers and cheques), optional services, interest charges or fees do not qualify as eligible purchases. See the HSBC Advance Mastercard Cardholder Manual for further details.
4 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) and/or American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABLAC, ABIC, their subsidiaries and affiliates, carry on business in Canada under the name Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Details of coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided in your Cardholder Manual.
5 All rewards offered are subject to the current Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Advance Rewards Program. There are a minimum number of Points required for redemption, which vary by reward. Some restrictions apply. For information on redeeming Points, visit rewards.hsbc.ca. Redemption offers may change from time to time.
* To apply for an HSBC Advance Mastercard card, you must be an HSBC Advance customer. For full details regarding eligibility for HSBC Advance and any fees which may apply, please refer to the Personal Service Charges / Statement of Disclosure available at any HSBC Bank Canada branch.