HSBC Premier Mastercard
About this card
Rewards and benefits
- Enjoy access to a variety of travel, dining, shopping and entertainment offers around the world.
- Complimentary membership to the LoungeKey programFor access to over 800 airport lounges worldwide. Please note that there will be a fee of US$27 (or foreign currency equivalent) per person for each visit charged to your HSBC Premier Mastercard.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi through BoingoAt over 1 million hotspots worldwide for up to four devices.
- 10% discount on select hotel bookingsThrough the HSBC Expedia and HSBC Agoda websites using your HSBC Premier Mastercard.
Using your card
- Secure account transactionsChip & PIN technology helps reduce the possibility of your HSBC Premier Mastercard being used by someone else.
- Save time with tap & goTMThe contactless feature makes your shopping even easier.
More benefits of HSBC Premier Mastercard
When you apply for an HSBC Premier Mastercard card, you choose the rewards, for no additional fee.
HSBC Premier Rewards Program
- Before August 1, 2019, simply use your HSBC Premier Mastercard for all your everyday spending and earn 1 Point for every $1 in eligible purchases.5 Effective August 1, 2019, earn 0.75 Point for every $1 in eligible purchases5.
- Points2 can be redeemed7 for travel, financial rewards, merchandise, and gift cards.
HSBC Premier Cash Back Rewards Program
- Earn a full 1% Cash Back rebate – with no tiers and no caps – on eligible purchases5 made with your HSBC Premier Mastercard. Effective August 1, 2019, earn 0.75% Cash Back rebate in eligible purchases5.
- Your Cash Back rebate will be applied as a credit to your HSBC Premier Mastercard account statement in January each year as long as your HSBC Premier Mastercard account is in good standing.
RewardsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
InsuranceExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Important DocumentsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
How to apply
Before you apply, please read about the upcoming important changes effective August 1, 2019 to the rates and fees for HSBC Credit Cards. Learn More
The HSBC Premier Mastercard is available exclusively to HSBC Premier* clients and must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Be the age of majority in your province of residence.
To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you are required to open and maintain an active HSBC Premier chequing* account, and meet one of the following requirements:
- Maintain $100,000 in combined personal deposit and investment balances with us, or
- Reach a Total Mortgage Balance of $500,000 or more with us, or
- Deposit $6,500 (CAD) or more to you HSBC Premier account(s) monthly plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in deposits and/or investments in Canada
Already a customer?
To access the application you will be required to logon with your security device.
New to HSBC?
Visit any HSBC branch to speak to a relationship manager.
The Welcome Bonus will be awarded only if your application for a new HSBC Premier Mastercard is approved. The Welcome Bonus is earned when you make the first transaction with your new HSBC Premier Mastercard following enrolment. The Welcome Bonus is not available to existing HSBC Mastercard cardholders. The Welcome Bonus will be redeemed or credited in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Premier Rewards Program or the HSBC Premier Cash Back Rewards Program, as applicable. Limit of one Welcome Bonus per new HSBC Premier Mastercard account. The Welcome Bonus offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer, except the offers described here. The HSBC Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply.
2 Customers enrolled in the HSBC Premier Rewards Program earn Rewards Points for most purchases charged to your HSBC Premier Mastercard account, less credits for returns, refunds and adjustments. No Rewards Points are earned on quasi-cash transactions, cash advances (which includes balance transfers), optional services, interest charges or fees. Terms, conditions and eligible purchases may change without notice. Refer to the HSBC Premier Rewards Program Terms & Conditions for details.
3 Customers enrolled in the HSBC Cash Back Rewards Program earn rebate for most purchases charged to your HSBC Premier Mastercard account, less credits for returns, refunds and adjustments. No rebate is earned on quasi-cash transactions, cash advances (which includes balance transfers), optional services, interest charges or fees. Terms, conditions and eligible purchases may change without notice. Refer to the HSBC Cash Back Rewards Program Terms & Conditions for details.
4 These travel benefits are available to the Primary Cardholder and Authorized Users of HSBC Premier Mastercard. Restrictions and conditions apply. Learn more about these new benefits, their restrictions, conditions and availability here.
5 Eligible purchases means the amount of purchases of goods and services that are charged to your Account except for quasi-cash transactions (which include purchases of wire transfers, travelers cheques, foreign currency, money orders, payment of an existing debt, bets, lottery tickets and gaming chips) less any credits for returns, rebates or adjustments. Cash advances (including balance transfers and cheques), optional services, interest charges or fees do not qualify as eligible purchases. See the HSBC Premier Mastercard Cardholder Manual for further details.
6 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) and/or American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABLAC, ABIC, their subsidiaries and affiliates, carry on business in Canada under the name Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Details of coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided in your Cardholder Manual.
7 All rewards offered are subject to the current Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Premier Rewards Program. There are a minimum number of Points required for redemption, which vary by reward. Some restrictions apply. For information on redeeming Points, visit rewards.hsbc.ca. Redemption offers may change from time to time.
* HSBC Premier requires you to have an active HSBC Premier chequing account, and maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $100,000 or greater, hold a personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $500,000 or greater, or have income deposits of $6,500 within a calendar month plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in assets under management in Canada. Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above. For full details regarding eligibility and any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure available at any HSBC Bank Canada branch or online at www.hsbc.ca.