HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard
- Primary Cardholder Annual Fee: $149** (as an HSBC Premier* client, the Account will be eligible for a $50 rebate of the annual fee)
- Annual Interest on Purchases: 17.9% until July 31, 2019. Effective August 1, 2019, the rate will change to 19.9%
- Annual Interest on Cash Advances and Balance Transfers: 17.9% until July 31, 2019. Effective August 1, 2019, the rate will change to 22.9%
- Authorized User Annual Fee: $0 Per Card
About this card
Rewards and benefits
- No foreign transaction fees2Save on all your foreign currency purchases (even online) with no additional foreign currency conversion charges. Only the exchange rate will apply.
- $100 annual travel enhancement creditRedeemable towards select airline seat upgrades, airline baggage fees and airport lounge passes.
With the HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard you earn 3%3 in travel rewards on all eligible travel purchases4 (6 Points per $1) and earn 1.5% in travel rewards on all other eligible purchases5 (3 Points per $1).
Enjoy maximum flexibility and redeem12 your Points on your terms for:
- Gift cards and valuable merchandise
- Financial rewards
- Rewards for miles
Please visit our HSBC rewards website rewards.hsbc.ca for more information.
RewardsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Additional Travel BenefitsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
InsuranceExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
Important DocumentsExpanded press enter to Collapse Collapsed press enter to Expand
How to apply
Before you apply, please read about the upcoming important changes effective August 1, 2019 to the rates and fees for HSBC Credit Cards. Learn More
The HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard is available exclusively to HSBC Premier* clients and must:
- Have an annual individual income of $80,000 or $150,000 household income, or minimum of $400,000 in assets under management (based on liquid, investable assets with financial institutions in Canada).
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Be the age of majority in your province of residence.
To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you are required to open and maintain an active HSBC Premier chequing* account, and meet one of the following requirements:
- Maintain $100,000 in combined personal deposit and investment balances with us, or
- Reach a Total Mortgage Balance of $500,000 or more with us, or
- Deposit $6,500 (CAD) or more to you HSBC Premier account(s) monthly plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in deposits and/or investments in Canada
Already a customer?
To access the application you will be required to logon with your security device.
New to HSBC?
Visit any HSBC branch to speak to a relationship manager.
1 The Welcome Bonus is 20,000 Points for the HSBC Premier World Elite Rewards Program. The Welcome Bonus will be awarded only if your application for a new or upgraded HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard is approved. The Welcome Bonus is earned when you make the first transaction on your account following account opening or upgrade. The Welcome Bonus will be credited in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Premier World Elite Rewards Program. Limit of one Welcome Bonus per new HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard account. The Welcome Bonus offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer, except the offers described here and offers that state that they can be combined with an HSBC credit card welcome bonus offer. The HSBC Premier World Elite Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply.
3 Earn 6 Points on every $1 of eligible travel purchases, up to a maximum of $50,000 in eligible travel purchases charged to your HSBC World Elite Mastercard in a calendar year. After reaching $50,000 in eligible travel purchases, you will earn 3 Points on every $1 of eligible travel purchases. Refer to the HSBC Premier World Elite Program Terms and Conditions for complete details. Points earned on eligible travel purchases can be redeemed for rewards valued at up to 3% of the amount spent to earn them, and Points earned on all other eligible purchases can be redeemed for rewards valued at up to 1.5% of the amount spent to earn them. For example, $5,000 in eligible travel purchases earns you 30,000 Points, which can be redeemed for travel rewards valued at $150. Other rewards that require 30,000 Points for redemption may be valued at less than $150. Redemption offers may change from time to time.
4 Eligible travel purchases mean eligible purchases made from merchants that are classified in the Mastercard network as airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, cruise lines, passenger railways, tour operators, timeshares and travel agencies. Some merchants may sell travel services but are classified in another manner, therefore, purchases from such merchants are not considered to be eligible travel purchases.
5 Eligible purchases means the amount of purchases of goods and services that are charged to your Account except for quasi-cash transactions (which include purchases of wire transfers, travellers cheques, foreign currency, money orders, payment of an existing debt, bets, lottery tickets and gaming chips) less any credits for returns, rebates or adjustments. Cash advances (including balance transfers and cheques), optional services, interest charges or fees do not qualify as eligible purchases. See the HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard Cardholder Manual for further details.
6 Learn more about these new benefits, and their restrictions, conditions and availability here.
7 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) and/or American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABLAC, ABIC, their subsidiaries and affiliates, carry on business in Canada under the name Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Details of coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided in your Cardholder Manual.
9 Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, Face ID, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Mac, Safari, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc.
10 Zero Liability applies to purchases made in the store, over the telephone, online or via a mobile device and ATM transactions. We will not hold you responsible for unauthorized use if: 1. You have used reasonable care in safeguarding your Card and any related information, including Personal Identification Number (PIN) or password, and have not contributed to any unauthorized use of your Card, PIN, Account number or Cheques; and 2. You report to us any actual or suspected loss, theft or unauthorized use of your Card, PIN, Account number or Cheques immediately after becoming aware of it.
12 All rewards offered are subject to the current Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Premier World Elite Rewards Program. There are a minimum number of Points required for redemption, which vary by reward. Some restrictions apply. For information on redeeming Points, visit rewards.hsbc.ca. Redemption offers may change from time to time.
* HSBC Premier requires you to have an active HSBC Premier chequing account, and maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $100,000 or greater, hold a personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $500,000 or greater, or have income deposits of $6,500 within a calendar month plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in assets under management in Canada. Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above. For full details regarding eligibility and any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure available at any HSBC Bank Canada branch or online at www.hsbc.ca.
** $149 to be charged upon enrolment and annually on your anniversary date. If, on the date the annual fee is charged, you qualify as an HSBC Premier* client, the Account will be eligible for a $50 rebate of the annual fee.