HSBC Travel Rewards Mastercard
Special offer: Get up to $125 in total value1 for the first year! Must apply by October 31, 2022. Conditions apply.
Earn 25,000 points1 ($125 travel value) if you spend $1,000 in the first 180 days. Must apply by October 31, 2022. Conditions apply
- Primary cardholder annual fee: $0
- Annual interest on purchases: 20.99%
- Annual interest on cash advances and balance transfers: 22.99% (if you reside in Quebec 21.99%)
- Authorized user annual fee: $0 per card
About this card
Baggage Delay Insurance5
You are covered for up to $100 per day to a maximum of 3 days for the purchase of necessities if your checked baggage is delayed by the carrier for 6 hours or more from the arrival time at your scheduled trip destination.
Hotel / Motel Burglary Insurance5
Protects you from theft of most items of personal property from a hotel/motel room where there is evidence of forceful entry anywhere in the world.
Trip Interruption Insurance5
Provides coverage for transportation costs incurred to change your return date as a result of covered medical or non-medical cause, while on a trip.
More benefits of HSBC Travel Rewards Mastercard
Collect points and reward yourself anytime;
- 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases2 (car rentals, vacations, hotel flights, etc.)
- 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible gas and daily transportation purchases3 (subway, train, taxi, etc.)
- 1 point for every $1 on all other eligible everyday purchases4
Redeem your points your way – the choice is yours
Redeem for travel
Enjoy the flexibility of booking your travel, car rentals, hotels, cruises, and rail tickets on your HSBC Travel Rewards Mastercard and redeem your points for a statement credit.
Gift cards and merchandise
Select from over 100 exciting gift card and merchandise options.
Use your points to pay down your HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage, add to your HSBC personal savings account, or reduce your HSBC Travel Rewards Mastercard account balance.
Visit rewards.hsbc.ca to learn how.
HSBC Travel Rewards Program
How to apply
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Be the age of majority in your province of residence.
With HSBC EasyID your identity is verified instantly making it faster, easier and more convenient. Before you start, have one of the following pieces of ID ready (make sure the ID hasn’t expired):
- Driver’s licence, or
- Provincial government Issued ID
Not sure which card is right for you?