Updated July 1, 2021
Supporting our customers is our top priority
We’re committed to supporting and working with our customers to understand the financial hardship your business may be experiencing. We will continue to update this page with more details as they become available.
More details on the relief programs are available on the Government of Canada website.
The Canada Emergency Business Account has ended.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact your relationship manager or the Export Development Canada (EDC) CEBA call centre at 1-888-324-4201 Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 9 pm ET.
The government is subsidizing 75% of employee wages (March 15 to June 6, 2020) to help qualifying businesses who have faced significant decline in their revenue.
Apply for CRA direct deposit via HSBCnet of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy through CRA.
Set up direct deposit through HSBCnet online banking
The BCAP Guarantee is an EDC-guaranteed loan to help Canadian businesses impacted by COVID-19. Small businesses who qualify can access up to CA $1.25 million as a short-term loan. Funds are meant to be used to cover expenses that are critical to business continuity (such as rent, payroll, and other operational costs).
EDC BCAP Guarantee features
- EDC will guarantee 80% of your loan for 1 year, with the potential to renew for another four years.
- Your loan is repayable in full after 1 year (on the 12-month anniversary).
- There’s an EDC guarantee fee of 1.8% on the loan amount.
- You may defer the fee payment by 6 months.
- Your loan may be renewed for a maximum of 4 years. We will review the credit and EDC will need to approve the renewal. If your renewal is approved, an additional 1.8% guarantee fee will be charged annually.
For more details on the EDC BCAP Guarantee, please see EDC Covid-19 relief.
To apply for the EDC BCAP Guarantee or view some of our frequently asked questions.
Speak to your Relationship Manager today
Is my business eligible for the EDC BCAP Guarantee?
High Affected Sector Credit Availability Program (HASCAP)
The High Affected Sector Credit Availability Program (HASCAP) is open to eligible Canadian businesses in need of short-term liquidity to help sustain operations.
• Loans are for small and medium-sized businesses that have seen their revenues decrease by 50% or more because of COVID-19
• Loan amounts of $25,000, up to a maximum of $1,000,000
• 100% guaranteed by Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
• 4% fixed interest rate
• Repayment term up to a maximum of 5 years
• Can’t be used to refinance existing debt
• Application must be submitted and approved by December 31, 2021