Register for CRA direct deposit to get payments faster
By registering for direct deposit from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you can receive government payments directly into your HSBC chequing or savings account.
Examples of payments from the CRA include the Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit (CERB), Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) and income tax refunds.
Please note: registering for the CRA direct deposit doesn’t automatically register you for CERB or CESB. To apply for CERB or CESB, please visit the Government of Canada’s website.
Set up CRA direct deposit in 3 steps:
- Log on to HSBC Online banking or the HSBC Canada Mobile Banking app.
- Enter your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and select the HSBC account you want the funds deposited into.
- Accept the terms and submit your consent.
Who is eligible?
As long as you’ve filed at least one tax return and have a valid Social Insurance Number, you’re eligible to sign up.
What do you need to register?
- Access to Online banking or the Mobile app
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- An HSBC chequing or savings account