Why open an account overseas with HSBC?
- Open an account for free and before you arrive in your new destination.
- View all your HSBC accounts in one place online.
- Transfer your credit history across destinations.
- Make instant transfers between your HSBC accounts.
- Enjoy the same HSBC Global Private Banking and Premier privileges in eligible markets.
How it works
1. Choose your destination
Select your current location and where you'd like to open an account. We can help you open an account in more than 30 countries and regions worldwide.
2. Check if you're eligible
You can apply if you're at least 18 years old and have a valid reason for opening an account. Additional criteria may apply depending on where you're opening an account.
3. Start your application
Once you get started, we'll show you how to apply, whether that's online, through our International Banking Centre or at a branch. We'll also tell you what documents you'll need.
Where you can open an account
Ready to open your account abroad?
Frequently asked questions
What documents will I need to apply?
How much is it to open and maintain an account abroad?
How long does it take to open an account abroad?
Can I transfer my HSBC credit history when I open an account abroad?
Can I get more help with my international banking?
You might also be interested in
Checklist for moving outside of Canada
When planning a move, there’s lots to think about. Read our guide to help you get started.
Manage your international HSBC accounts and move money between them, securely and fee-free.