Already an HSBC Client?
Or call toll-free 1-888-310-4722
Is a Redeemable GIC right for you?
An HSBC Redeemable GIC may be an ideal investment option if you:
- Prefer a safe, secure, fixed-term investment
- Want the flexibility of being able to redeem your investment should you decide not to stay invested for an entire year1
- Invest a minimum of $1,000 for a 1-year term
- Canadian dollar only
Features and benefits
- Plan for the futureYou know what your returns will be, which makes retirement and investment planning easier.
- Access your money on or after 90 days without penaltyYour Redeemable GIC can be redeemed on or after 90 days with no interest penalty1.
- Choose a 1-year term with a minimum $1,000 investmentRedeemable GICs are available only for a 1-year term.
- Earn daily interestInterest is calculated daily, not compounded, and is paid at time of redemption or maturity.
- Protection for your depositsCanadian dollar redeemable GICs are eligible for CDIC Insurance.
||Interest Rate (min. $1000)
|Available for 1 year term only.
Available for 1 year term only.
|Interest Rate (min. $1000)
Redeemable on or after 90 days with no interest penalty. Redeemable at 0% interest during the first 89 days. Interest is calculated daily, non-compounded and paid at time of redemption or at maturity.
Select Term Deposits and GICs booked through HSBC's Online Banking may be eligible for special pricing. Log on to Online Banking for more details.
Rates are subject to change without notice. For information and to confirm most recent rates, please contact any HSBC branch.
Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation
Some HSBC accounts and deposit products up to certain dollar amounts are eligible for insurance under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act (CDIC). Learn more about CDIC and how CDIC Deposit Insurance works:
• Visit http://www.cdic.ca/
• Read "Protecting Your Deposits." Visit CDIC to download a copy.
Please note some products, such as foreign currency accounts, are not eligible for CDIC Deposit Insurance.