Unlock a world of possibilities to grow your wealth
Receive a bonus of up to $2,088† with an HSBC InvestDirect account, and get access to global markets and currencies. Plus, registered accounts can be opened in US dollars to reduce currency conversion costs.
Which type of investment is right for me?
Equities and ETFs
Build your portfolio from a wide range of equities and Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and gain access to world-class research and innovative tools to help select and manage your investments.
- Access to more markets than any other Canadian self-directed brokers
- Invest in ETFs with no minimum investment requirements
We give you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio with a broad range of mutual funds. Choose from more than 4,000 funds1
- Find funds with online screening tools
- Use ratings to choose top-performing funds
We give you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio with a broad range of fixed income products.
- Enjoy long-term investment opportunities
- Generate a steady income stream
- Invest in Canadian and foreign bonds (government and corporate)
Choose GICs with various maturity options to generate steady and stable cash flows while preserving your capital.
- Generate steady and stable cash flow
- Choose from more than 250 CDIC-eligible GICs
- Access to HSBC and 3rd Party GICs
IPOs and New Issues
Purchase a variety of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs).
- Capitalize on IPOs as soon as they are issued
- Subscribe to IPO email notifications
- Choose IPOs from across a range of asset classes
Canadian and U.S. options
Take advantage of market fluctuations by consider Options investing.
- Trade on any North American options exchange
- Trade options in Canadian or US dollars
- Leverage HSBC's global trading expertise
Precious metal certificates
Trade gold and silver certificates with HSBC InvestDirect.
- Precious metal certificates represent ounces of gold and silver held electronically
- Minimum purchase for gold is 10 oz. and 500 oz. for silver
- The procedure to deposit a precious metal certificate is the same as depositing a North American share certificate
Access educational articles covering the basic investing principles and strategies to guide your investment journey.
Tools & resources
†Terms and conditions apply. Offer ends February 28, 2023. For full details about the offer refer to the terms and conditions.
HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.