Which type of investment is right for me?
Equities and ETFs
Build your portfolio from a wide range of equities and Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and gain access to world-class research and innovative tools to help select and manage your investments.
- Access to more markets than any other Canadian self-directed brokers
- Invest in ETFs with no minimum investment requirements
We give you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio with a broad range of mutual funds. Choose from more than 4,000 commission-free funds1
- Find funds with online screening tools
- Use ratings to choose top-performing funds
- Take advantage of Series D Mutual Funds
We give you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio with a broad range of fixed income products.
- Enjoy long-term investment opportunities
- Generate a steady income stream
- Invest in Canadian and foreign bonds (government and corporate)
Choose GICs with various maturity options to generate steady and stable cash flows while preserving your capital.
- Generate steady and stable cash flow
- Choose from more than 250 CDIC-eligible GICs
- Access to HSBC and 3rd Party GICs
IPOs and New Issues
Purchase a variety of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs).
- Capitalize on IPOs as soon as they are issued
- Subscribe to IPO email notifications
- Choose IPOs from across a range of asset classes
Canadian and U.S. options
Take advantage of market fluctuations by consider Options investing.
- Trade on any North American options exchange
- Trade options in Canadian or US dollars
- Leverage HSBC's global trading expertise
Precious metal certificates
Trade gold and silver certificates with HSBC InvestDirect.
- Precious metal certificates represent ounces of gold and silver held electronically
- Minimum purchase for gold is 10 oz. and 500 oz. for silver
- The procedure to deposit a precious metal certificate is the same as depositing a North American share certificate
Tools & resources
HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.