HSBC InvestDirect Options Investing
Take advantage of market fluctuations by considering Options investing. When you purchase an Option, you give yourself the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell shares of underlying securities at a specific price, on a set date.
As Options are complex North American securities, you should only invest with funds set aside for higher-risk investing, and have a solid understanding of Options investment strategies.
Ready to trade?
- Write Covered CallsGenerate additional income from your portfolio of stocks.
- Purchase Index OptionsParticipate in the rise or fall of an index with a minimal investment.
- Currency OptionsHedge against currency losses.
- Long-Term Equity Anticipation Securities® (LEAPS®)Plan for investment gains over a longer term.
- Purchase Puts and CallsPurchase Options contracts on underlying securities and benefit from the rise (Calls) or fall (Puts) of share prices.
- Government of Canada Bond OptionsPurchase Options contracts on bonds with lower risk.
- Option spread strategiesIncorporate strategic planning for Options investment success.
Leverage HSBC’s global trading expertise
- Access world marketsTrade on more markets than through any other direct broker in Canada, including key emerging markets.
- Invest with confidenceAccess world-class equity research powered by Standard & Poor’s and Morningstar Canada.
Open an HSBC InvestDirect Online Investing Account
Not an HSBC InvestDirect client?
Already an HSBC InvestDirect client?
Within Canada, call toll-free 1-800-760-1180
Outside Canada, call toll-free with an International Access Code
1 HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
2 Available for HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance clients. International Equity trades made online, excluding Hong Kong, and all international trades placed on the phone qualify for the International Equities trade discount. Subject to minimum commission.
3 HSBC Premier requires you to have an active HSBC Premier chequing account, and maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $100,000 or hold a personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $500,000 or greater. Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above. For full details regarding eligibility and any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure.
4 HSBC Advance requires you to have an active HSBC Advance chequing account, and maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $5,000 or hold personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $150,000 or greater. Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the conditions above. For full details regarding any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure.
® MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Used pursuant to license.
®2 Interac. Trademark of Interac Inc. HSBC Bank Canada authorized user of the trademark.
®3 THE EXCHANGE. User licensed in Canada by FICANEX Services Limited partnership on behalf of Fiserv EFT