Do more online with your InvestDirect account
Update personal information
Transfer or contribute funds
Transfer Account from another Institution
Update or complete a new W-8BEN
View electronic documents (Trade Confirmations, Statements, Fees/Performance & Tax Documents *new*)
Online Trading Learning Centre
What are stocks and how do they work?
Discover the risks and benefits as well as how to gauge a stock's performance in our easy to follow guide.
Investing in a diversified portfolio is simple with our guide to these flexible, cost-effective investment funds.
Mutual funds for beginners
Discover the benefits of mutual funds and the different types available so you can decide if this is the right way for you to invest your money.
News and Insights :
- Market Analysis
- Trading tools
- Investment Management
- Financial Planning
- Quick Quote & Market Watch
- Investment Research
Monitor trends and identify new opportunities with HSBC InvestDirect's1 essential market analysis tools:
Analyze stock trends
Identify trends or patterns through trading volume and price changes. You can search for recent technical events for a specific stock or index, or look up trends that match your investing requirements.
Search for the right stocks
Make your search easier. Use predefined search filters to limit your search to analysts' favourites, bear market survivors, undervalued stocks, and positive price trends. Or, create your own filters to search for stocks that meet conditions important to you.
Find the right mutual funds
With over 4,000 mutual funds to choose from, how do you know which funds best suit your investment needs? Find funds that are right for your portfolio using predefined search filters, or create your own filters (find specific fund families, star rating, or Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) eligibility).
Keep up-to-date on world market conditions
Learn about the latest activities in world markets:
- Access current overviews of markets in Canada, the U.S., the Asia-Pacific region, and Europe
- Set up quotes and charts to monitor popular market indices and currencies
- Find links to daily news commentaries and view the day's best and worst performing securities in your selected markets
Discover how global events affect the markets
Keep on top of news that may affect your investment decisions:
- Read current news features from major international news agencies
- Get news on specific Canadian and U.S. securities, or search for news on a specific company
- Select predefined categories with summaries of top news stories and commentary relevant to you
- Look up analyst upgrades and downgrades and additional coverage of U.S. markets
Receive instant investment notifications
Always be ready to make an investment decision, with real-time email2 alerts
- Price and News – Keep track of price changes or news about specific stocks
- Trade Status – Receive notice of changes to your trade order status
- Research – Know when research reports are available
- Technical Events – Set up automatic alerts to track trading opportunities for specific securities, indices, exchanges, and industries
- Notification service for newly issued securities – Learn about New Issues e.g. Initial Public Offering (IPOs) as soon as they are available through HSBC InvestDirect
Quick Quote & Market Watch
Tools & resources
* Published by HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Inc. The material on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, legal, tax, investment or other advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard.
1 HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
3 HSBC InvestDirect does not provide investment advice or recommendations regarding any investment decisions or securities transactions. Investors are responsible for their own investment decisions. The Information in the Asset Allocation Tool is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, investment, tax, legal, accounting or other advice to you.
The Information in the Retirement Savings Calculator is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, investment, tax, legal, accounting or other advice to you.
The Information in the Retirement Income Fund (RIF) Calculator is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, investment, tax, legal, accounting or other advice to you.