Starting at only $500.00 CAD per certificate for RRSP Fixed Rate Term Deposits, RRIF Fixed Rate Term Deposits and TFSA Redeemable Term Deposits, receive a special rate on the below terms:
Flexible investment options for every stage in life.
Invest for the short or long-term worry-free, whether it’s for your retirement, a dream vacation or a special moment in life.
● To qualify for the offer, the registered term deposit must be opened and confirmation must be issued during the period from January 10, 2022 to March 31, 2022.
● This offer is available in Canadian currency (CAD) only.
● The term deposit must be opened by an individual holder of the RRSP, RRIF or TFSA plan/account, as applicable and must be held in that plan/account.
● RRSP Fixed Rate Term Deposits can be opened through the Branch and through Telephone Banking services, while the RRIF Fixed Rate Term Deposits can only be opened through the Branch. TFSA Redeemable Term Deposits can be opened via Online Banking, through the Branch and Telephone Banking services.
● Customers are solely responsible for determining whether any contribution to their RRSP or TFSA plan/account is within their contribution limits as imposed by applicable law.
Interest is calculated daily and is paid as follows:
● For 1-Year, 2-Year and 3-Year TFSA Term Deposit, interest is not compounded and is paid annually.
● For 2-Year and 3-Year RRSP Term Deposit and RRIF Term Deposit, interest is compounded annually and is paid at maturity.
● Redemption or withdrawal of all or a portion of the TFSA Redeemable Term Deposit, RRSP Fixed Rate Term Deposit prior to the end of the term is allowed. We will not pay you any interest on the withdrawn amount.
● For the RRIF Fixed Rate Term Deposit, the deposit is redeemable. If redeemed prior to maturity, we will pay you interest at the 1 year, 2 year or 3 year special rate, as applicable, up to the date of redemption. However, we will not pay you any interest on any amount withdrawn or redeemed prior to maturity for the purpose of transferring funds to another financial institution.
For full Offer details, see the Terms and Conditions available here.
Ready to invest?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Who qualifies for the Offer?
A: This Offer is available to new and existing HSBC customers. Customers can open a new Canadian Dollar Registered Term Deposit (TFSA, RRSP, RRIF) or renew their Registered Term Deposit certificate maturing within the offer period.
Q: What is the offer period?
A: January 10, 2022 to March 31, 2022.
Q: Can I invest in more than one Canadian Dollar Registered Term Deposit?
A: There is no limit on the number of term deposits obtained under this Offer per customer.
Q: What accounts do not qualify for this Offer?
A: Foreign currency, Non-registered accounts, Personal Holding Company Accounts, non-personal accounts, do not qualify for this Offer.
Q: What is HSBC EasyID?
A: With HSBC EasyID, customers who are new to HSBC can start and finish a Chequing or Savings account application online within a few minutes with instant identity verification. All you will need is an unexpired piece of I.D. such as a passport, Driver’s License or Provincial government issued ID.
*Offer expires March 31, 2022. All Interest rates are per annum and subject to change without notice. Interest is calculated daily and is paid annually (where applicable). Minimum deposit amounts apply. Terms and Conditions apply.
®Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license