The funds you need to live clean and energy efficiently
Start your environmentally minded goals with an HSBC Energy Efficiency and Electric Vehicle Loan that can help you finance an electric or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, solar panels for your home, energy efficient appliances, windows, and more.
Home energy improvements
Loans up to $25,000
Electric or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
Be part of the future of transportation with your next vehicle purchase.
More features and benefits
Principal & Interest payments available
1 to 5 year terms (up to 7 years for vehicle loans)
Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payment options
No prepayment penalty
Who can apply and what you’ll need
- You are at least the age of majority, 18 or 19 years of age depending on your province of residence.
- You are a Canadian resident.
- You will be asked to provide personal details and gross annual income (pre-tax).
- You will be asked to consent to us obtaining your credit report.
- If you are applying for a joint Loan, the co-applicant must also complete the application. If there is more than one co-applicant, please call us to proceed at 1-877-840-4722. Vehicle loans in sole name only.
- You must confirm that you have read and understood the Customer Information Consent
How to apply
We’ll contact you within 5 business days or sooner about the status of your application.
Visit a branch
Terms and conditions apply. Offer ends November 12, 2021.
* Subject to credit approval.
1 Prime rate is 2.45% as of August 31, 2021 and means the annual rate of interest HSBC Bank Canada announces from time to time as a reference rate for determining interest rates on Canadian dollar retail Loans in Canada. The actual rate will vary depending on fluctuations to HSBC's Prime Rate. Rates are subject to change without notice. For information and to confirm most recent rates, please contact any HSBC Bank Canada branch. They can also be found online.
2 Application must be received no later than the campaign expiry date. The HSBC Personal Loan is subject to standard HSBC credit review and approval, and will be governed by the terms of the applicable credit agreement. You will be asked to consent to us obtaining your credit report.