Make the equity in your home work for you
The HSBC Equity Power Mortgage is an ideal choice if you want to use the equity you've built up in your home for important goals or to simplify your borrowing needs.
Apply for an Equity Power Mortgage today
Features & benefits
- Use the equity for a home renovation, dream vacation, your child’s education, or make a major purchaseAccess up to 80% of the value of your home1.
- Save moneyConsolidate high-interest debt and reduce the amount of interest you pay.
- Access the equity as a secured line of credit or personal loan2 or additional mortgage tier
- Flexible rate optionsBenefit from a combination of fixed and variable terms.
- Flexibility of having a blend of long and short terms
- Make payments weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly
- Already enrolled in the Rewards Program with your HSBC Mastercard®? Redeem Reward Points5 to reduce your mortgage amount.
Terms & options
- Lock in a competitive fixed rate
- Know exactly how much principal and interest you pay for the term
- Amortize up to 30 years
- Take advantage of a competitive variable rate
- Renew early
- Amortize up to 30 years
Pay less interest
- Lower your interest rate with a combination of terms, rates, payment options, and amortization schedules
How to apply
Additional details to know before you apply
New to HSBC
Start your application for an HSBC Equity Power Mortgage securely online.
Existing HSBC customer
Start your application online, and you'll hear back from us within 1 business day.
All mortgages are subject to standard credit approval .
Your use of this site, including this application, is subject to the Website Use Agreement which includes important terms about the security of the information you submit by this application. Your use of this site signifies your agreement to the Website Use Agreement. Your information is not stored on our systems if you do not submit this application. Whether or not you submit your application, your personal information can still be displayed by clicking the back button. For security, it is advised that you close your browser after using this site.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used pursuant to license.
3How much you can prepay depends upon the type of mortgage you have. If you hold an open mortgage and your installment payments are up to date, you can pay some or all of your mortgage loan at any time without penalty. If you hold a Variable Closed mortgage, during the first three years if your installment payments are up to date OR if you hold a Fixed Closed mortgage and your installment payments are up to date, you may make three types of extra payments without penalty: 1) On any anniversary date of the mortgage loan, you may make a lump sum payment up to 20% of the original principal amount, minimum of $100; 2) Along with any installment payment, you may make an extra payment in the same amount as your installment payment; 3) Once a year, you may increase your installment payment up to 20% for 12 months. The total extra and increased payments in a year cannot be more than 20% of the original principle amount. If you hold a Variable Closed mortgage after the first three years, your mortgage becomes an open term where you may pay some or all of your mortgage loan without penalty.