View all of your eligible HSBC accounts together in one place
Transfer your credit history to your destination to give yourself a head start
Maintain a minimum account balance in just one home country/region
Enjoy the same HSBC Jade and Premier privileges and status across all HSBC countries/regions
Open your Canadian account online in 4 steps:
Choose the Advance or Premier account that is right for you.
Complete an online application and use HSBC EasyIDTM to validate your identity
Visit your existing HSBC branch and complete ID verification.
Receive your account opening details and call Telephone Banking in Canada to register online banking.
Everyday banking essentials plus exclusive benefits including a dedicated Premier Relationship Manager as your one point of contact for all your financial needs.
- The $34.95 monthly account fee is waived if you’re eligible*
- Unlimited account transactions per month (available in CAD and USD )
- No Interac e-transfer fees
- Unlimited rebates on other banks ATMs in Canada (up to $2.00 rebate per withdrawal fee)
- Premier status in 29 global markets and FREE instant global transfers between your HSBC accounts worldwide (1)
A smart collection of banking services designed to fit your life.
- The $25 monthly account fee is waived if you’re eligible**
- Unlimited account transactions per month
- No Interac e-transfer fees
- 5 rebates / month of ATM fees when using a non-HSBC Bank Canada or non-Exchange Network ATMs
- Secure Mobile and Online banking
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to apply?
How do I set up Global View and Global Transfer*?
How long will it take to open the account?
What is HSBC EasyID?
What if HSBC EasyID can’t verify my identity?
Why do I have to visit the branch?
* HSBC Premier requires you to have an active HSBC Premier chequing account, and maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $100,000 or greater, hold a personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $500,000 or greater, or have income deposits of $6,500 within a calendar month plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in assets under management in Canada. Some exclusions apply. A monthly fee will be charged if you do not meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above. For full details regarding eligibility and any fees which may apply please refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure.
** To qualify for a monthly package fee waiver, you must have an active HSBC Advance chequing account, and either (i) maintain combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada and its subsidiaries of $5,000 or more, or (ii) hold personal HSBC Bank Canada residential mortgage with original amount of $150,000 or greater. Some exclusions apply. For full details, refer to the Personal Service Charges Statement of Disclosure available at any HSBC Bank Canada branch or online at www.hsbc.ca.