Looking to transfer money internationally?
Our secure service makes it easy to send and receive international wire transfers in a wide range of currencies using your eligible accounts. Look no further than your own bank to send funds to family and friends, manage a property and more
Flexible and convenient
- 24/7 availability in Online Banking
- Easily set up future dated and recurring transfers
Safe and secure
- Authentication using your HSBC Security Device adds an extra layer of protection when you send your wire transfer in Online Banking
No HSBC Canada wire transfer1 fee
We’ll waive our fee when you send a wire transfer:
(1) in a currency that’s different from the currency of the sending account, and
(2) that is valued under $10,000 (CAD equivalent), and
(3) from an HSBC Bank Canada personal account.
The CAD equivalent is determined based on the exchange rates at the time the transfer is processed. You may also be charged fees by agencies or banks that process or receive your transfer, which we are unable to waive.
Wire transfer limits
The daily limit is $50,000 (CAD equivalent). For wire transfers between $50,000 and up to $150,000 (CAD equivalent), you’ll need additional authorization: log on to your account, add your new wire transfer payee and then call Customer Service at 1-877-621-8811
Sending and receiving wire transfers in Online Banking
Before sending a wire transfer, ensure you have all the relevant information.
To find out how to send and receive wire transfers, see our step-by-step guides. Our Online Banking FAQs cover common questions on limits, currencies, wires to specific countries and more.
1 HSBC charges specific fees for wire transfers. Other banks which may be involved in processing the transfer may charge additional fees. Fees for wire transfers depend on your account type and the amount of the wire transfer. Refer to Personal Service Charges / Statement of Disclosure.