A convenient way to save and manage your U.S. Dollars
If you travel to the United States or need to make transactions in U.S. dollars, you'll appreciate having funds readily available. Plus, you can purchase U.S. dollars whenever rates are favourable and keep them in your account until you need them – reducing the need to exchange funds when it may not be as financially advantageous.
You can transfer money between your other HSBC accounts through Online Banking, Telephone Banking and in-branch.
You don’t pay a monthly administration fee, so your savings work harder. And no minimum balance means even a little can grow a lot.
Open a U.S Dollar High Rate Savings Account today.
Key features and benefits
- Provides a convenient way to save U.S. dollarsBuy U.S. dollars when exchange rates are favourable and have them available when you need them.
- Make USD transactions in U.S. currencyAvoid extra exchange rate charges when making U.S. dollar transactions.
- No monthly fees1Your money works harder with no monthly administration fee.
- Competitive interest rates2 are calculated dailyEarn interest on every dollar, up to USD $1 million. View interest rates.
- No minimum balanceDeposit or withdraw money whenever you need to.
- Fees for self-service and in-branch transactions3Please refer to the Personal Service Charges brochure for complete details.
Open an account
New to HSBC?
Existing HSBC customer
Open an account instantly, transfer funds and start saving right away.
Not sure which savings or investment option is the one for you?
Regular Savings Accounts in CAD and foreign currencies (U.S., Euro, Swiss, British, Japanese) and Investment Savings Accounts are no longer offered by HSBC. For information on any of these accounts, call us at 1-888-310-4722 or visit your local branch.
1 Foreign exchange charges may apply.
2 Rates are subject to change without notice. For more information and to confirm most recent rates, please contact any HSBC branch.
3 Including Telephone Banking and Online Banking withdrawals. Interac®1 Direct Payments, ATM withdrawals/transfers out and pre-authorized debits not available for Foreign Currency High Rate Savings accounts and Foreign Currency Savings Accounts. Only Canadian dollar accounts can be linked to HSBC debit cards.
®1 Trade-mark of Interac Inc. HSBC Bank Canada authorized user of the trademark.