Start small and let the interest do the work
Save Your Way
Earn daily interest from the first dollar, paid monthly
- No transaction fees
- Unlimited withdrawals & debits
- Rebates on ATM surcharges you pay at other bank ATMs in Canada1
Bank Your Way
Free INTERAC e-Transfer®
- Free withdrawals from your account at HSBC Bank Canada or EXCHANGE® Network ATMs
- Free mobile cheque deposit
- Secure Mobile & Online banking
Start building a financially secure future
Help children develop good saving habits early in life with their own bank account.
- Grow savings faster with the power of compounding interest
Who can apply
The HSBC Youth Savings Account2 is available to
Canadian residents (Canada residential address), and
- Up to 19 years of age (30 for Premier Youth)
What you’ll need on hand to apply
Your current email address and telephone number
- Primary addresses you've lived at for the last 3 years
- Primary ID: Including original, valid government issued photo identification
- Secondary ID: Including original, valid ABM card, Credit Card, College/University Student ID or CNIB Card bearing photo and signature
- Tax residency information including SIN/SSN/TIN (if available)
Open an account
Ready to open an HSBC Youth Savings Account? Get in touch with us to get started.
Not sure which savings or investment option is the one for you?
HSBC Premier Benefit: This account is available for youths under 30 years of age if at the time of account opening, the parent/guardian of the youth is an HSBC Premier customer.
When you turn 19 or 30 for Premier children/dependents, we will notify you and invite you to convert the Youth Savings Account into the right bank account to meet your needs. If you do not take action, the Youth Savings Account will automatically convert to the High Rate Savings Account (see Personal Service Charge Fee Disclosure for details about account fees) six months after the youngest account holder turns 19 or 30 for Premier children/dependents.
® Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license.
® THE EXCHANGE and Accel logos are registered trademarks of Fiserv, Inc., licensed for use in Canada by FICANEX Services Limited Partnership