First, make sure you are eligible to refer:
- You are an HSBC client in one of the following segments: Performance Unlimited, Performance Limited, Student, Advance, Premier, Private Investment Counsel or Private Client Services.
- You have an existing HSBC chequing account.
Referring is easy
For Chequing Accounts, you can easily refer online in just a few steps.
1. Refer through online banking.
2. Complete the referral form by giving us the details of your referee. You will both receive an email confirmation once the form is submitted.
3. The referee will receive an email with a link to open an account online.
4. Once the account is opened and STEP eligibility** is met, you will both qualify for the STEP bonus. It’s that simple!
For Small Business, other qualifying or in Branch referrals, follow the below steps:
- Download, print and complete the Share the Experience Referral Card.
- Return the completed Referral Card to your HSBC Premier Relationship Manager or an HSBC Representative at your HSBC Branch.
- To qualify for the referral gift, your referred friend, family member, or Small Business must open a new chequing account and meet the Share the Experience program eligibility requirements.
- The referral gift will be deposited into your HSBC chequing account and that of your referee’s as per the program’s conditions**.
How to get rewarded
The referral gift will be deposited into your HSBC chequing account and the referee’s qualifying HSBC chequing account (Premier, Advance, Student, Small Business) within seven (7) months after meeting the program’s eligibility requirements.
For an HSBC Student Chequing referral:
Your referee opens an HSBC Student Chequing account and meets the eligibility criteria in the Terms and Conditions.
For an HSBC Premier referral:
Your referee joins HSBC Premier and meets the eligibility criteria in the Terms and Conditions.
For an HSBC Advance referral:
Your referee joins HSBC Advance and meets the eligibility criteria in the Terms and Conditions.
For an HSBC Private Investment Counsel referral:
Your referee becomes an HSBC Private Investment Counsel customer with the minimum Assets Under Management and opens an HSBC chequing account within 6 months. Available in branch only.
For an HSBC Small Business referral:
Your referee opens an HSBC Start, Smart, or Unlimited chequing account. Available in branch only.
For an HSBC Private Client Services referral:
Your referee becomes an HSBC Private Client Services client under the HSBC Private Client Services Terms and Conditions within 6 months of opening an HSBC Premier chequing account.
Opening up a world of opportunity
When you experience a good thing, share it.
Easily move money between your HSBC accounts in multiple countries.
Minimum balance flexibility
Put your chequing account’s minimum balance into any account, including RRSP, TFSAs, Savings, and more.
Extend Premier benefits to your family
If you are an HSBC Premier customer, you can extend your exclusive Premier benefits and privileges to your immediate family including rewards, offers and partnerships.
Get tailored banking advice
With HSBC Premier, a dedicated Premier Relationship Manager will get to know you and your needs – providing financial planning services including investments, mortgages, and lending.
New to HSBC or referring a friend?
Explore our products and services
New to Canada
Start your life in Canada with a banking partner that can help you open up new opportunities while staying connected to your life back home.