HSBC Newcomer and Visitor to Canada Emergency Medical Travel Insurance
Protect your travels; whether you are:
- A Visitor to Canada (includes those with Travel Visa or Super Visa);
- A Newcomer moving to Canada and not yet covered under Canada's Government Health Insurance Plan (GHIP) (includes Permanent Residents and work or study visa holders); or
- A Returning Canadian waiting for GHIP coverage
HSBC Newcomer and Visitor to Canada Plan for Individuals
HSBC Newcomer and Visitor to Canada Plan for Families
Going on a Trip? Purchase HSBC Travel Insurance
Protect yourself against medical emergencies, trip interruption and baggage problems.
Newcomer to Canada?
Learn more about HSBC Canada’s Newcomers Program
Our plan provides:
Up to $150,000 for emergency medical and dental expense for unexpected accidents or sickness, examples include:
- bedside companion; travel, meals and accommodation
- ambulance transportation
- Medical Repatriation, if advised by the treating physician, to return home for further treatment
Other things you should know:
- Can be purchased up to the day before you leave
- Can be purchased while in Canada; conditions apply
- Available to individuals up to 74 years of age
- Family coverage available – maximum age of oldest traveler is 59 years of age
- Coverage can be purchased by friends and family visiting Canada
- Coverage can be purchased for 7 to 365 days
- 24 hour Emergency Medical Assistance
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
Frequently asked questions
How much does HSBC Travel Insurance cost?
When should I buy HSBC Travel Insurance?
Who should buy Newcomer and Visitor to Canada Insurance?
What does Newcomer and Visitor to Canada Insurance provide?
Do HSBC travel insurance plans have any deductibles?
Is my family covered?
If I have a pre-existing medical condition, can I buy HSBC Travel Insurance?
Should I take my Summary of Coverage with me on my trip?
What should I do in case of an emergency during my trip?
How do I file a claim?
Who do I call if I have any additional questions?
Who can I contact to file a complaint about my travel insurance?
Insurance underwritten by AIG Insurance Company of Canada (AIG Canada), with its principal place of business at 120 Bremner Boulevard, Suite 2200, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5J 0A8. All policies are administered on AIG Canada’s behalf by Travel Guard Group Canada, Inc. (Travel Guard). The description herein is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details.